'The computer was not activated'
There are two reasons the SU Podium V2.6 license manager may generate an error dialog that says: "The computer was not activated."
1. The license in question was entered incorrectly, or is not a valid SU Podium V2.6 license.
First make sure you are entering your license exactly as it appears on your order receipt. A V2.6 license is 'PD' followed by a combination of 16 letters and numbers — 'PDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.
Also note that an SU Podium V2.5 license cannot be used to activate SU Podium V2.6. If you own a license for SU Podium 2.5, but have installed SU Podium V2.6, you will need to upgrade to SU Podium V2.6.
Alternatively, you could uninstall V2.6 and revert back to SU Podium V2.5.
2. The license in question has already reached its maximum number of simultaneous activations (3).
There are two reasons this might occur:
- The license has already been activated three times and you are attempting to activate the license a fourth time. In this case you need to deactivate one of the activations before installing V2.6 on another SketchUp.
- You have previously uninstalled and reinstalled SU Podium V2.6 without first deactivating your license in the license manager. This will cause the uninstalled version to count as still-active, and prevent you from licensing future installations.
What to do If you see the ‘computer was not activated’ message:
Send an email to email@example.com; we will reset the activations on your license key so that you may proceed. Please include your license key in the email.
How to avoid this message in the future:
Before you uninstall SU Podium (to install an update, for example) you must first deactivation your current licensed version.
If you fail to deactivate before you uninstall, the version that you removed will still be recognized as an "active" Podium installation, and will count against your activation total.
- Open the license manager from the extensions drop-down menu — Extensions > SU Podium V2.6 > Liense.
- Click 'Deactivate'
- Do this EVERY TIME you uninstall a licensed version of SU Podium V2.6
For step-by-step guides on installing or updating SU Podium, Read here.