GenerateAll Beta plugin
Generate All Scenes is now available in Beta for SketchUp 2016.
NOTE - Generate All will only work with SU Podium V2.5.507 and above, which is still an unreleased build. Please download and install this version if you want to evaluate Generate All Beta. The next official Podium release will include GenerateAll, however if you'd like to use it now please download and install the V2.5.507 beta build below:
Download SU Podium V2.5.507
What is Generate All?
Generate All is an extension that will generate a Podium render .script for some or all of the SketchUp scenes in a model. When invoked, Generate All processes the geometry, textures, and camera for each scene in you SketchUp model. The advantage of Generate All is that it is an automatic way of generating .script and TEXTURE folders for every scene.
SU Podium's Generate tool will create a folder with a sub-folder called TEXTURES (that contain all the textures of the SketchUp model) and a .script file.
Generate All, goes one step further than Generate, and applies Generate to every scene in the model. Then it creates a folder for every scene in a parent folder. The parent folder can then be used with Podium Server Beta to batch render all .scripts without any further user input required. Generate All is similar to Render All but instead of creating finished rendered images on your computer, Generate All creates the .script and related TEXTURE folder, to be rendered later or on a different computer.
Once generated, these .scripts can be rendered on a different computer using Podium Server Beta or on any computer that has SU Podium V2.5.507 or above.
Download and Install:
To use Generate All Beta, you need SU Podium V2.5.507 or above. This requires you to:
- First uninstall your current version of SU Podium
- Download V2.5.507 for SketchUp 2016 below (there is no SketchUp 2015 version currently)
- Install V2.5.507. Activate the license. (Remember to save your license code.)
- Install the GenerateAll.rbz from within SketchUp Preferences - Install Extensions.
1. Uninstall first:
Before you install Generate All Beta, you must install SU Podium V2.5.507. To do this You must uninstall previous versions from your machine first. Please download the appropriate uninstall utility here:
Generate All will be included in the next build of SU Podium and will not require separate installation. SketchUp 2015 version is coming.
2. Download and install SU Podium V2.5.507
This version is needed for Generate All Beta, Requires SketchUp 2016
|Windows 7, 8, or 10||Windows 64-bit||Mac OSX||Install Instructions|
|SketchUp 2016||Download .exe file | Zipped .exe||Download||Installation guide|
3. Download Generate All Beta .RBZ
Requires SketchUp 2016 - Install from SketchUp Preferences → Install Extensions.
|Windows 7, 8, or 10||Windows 64-bit||Mac OSX|
|SketchUp 2016||Download .rbz file | Zipped .rbz||Download .rbz file | Zipped.rbz|
4. How to use Generate All Scenes
Generate All will use the settings in your current Podium Options dialog box (including Preset, Image Size, Save location, and Environment settings), and apply them to all the scenes in your model. It's a good idea to render one or two scenes before committing to the Render All process. Once you start the Render All process, it is not easy to stop Podium from rendering the list of scenes.
Generate some or all scenes - GenerateAll's interface allows you to pick the scenes you want to generate .scripts for, if you want to render some but not all scenes. First click Clear or Invert to turn off all the Scenes in the Generate All dialog box. Then select the scenes you want to render. When you are ready to generate, simply press "OK" and let the process run.
To generate a render script:
- Save the model in an easy to find location.
- Click the “Generate” icon in the Podium toolbar, or go to Extensions SU Podium V2.5+ Generate. This will generate a folder containing a Podium Script file, as well as textures and geometry.
- To render the script, open the render manager from Extensions Su Podium V2.5+ Render Manager.
- Click Add File, navigate to the Podium .SCRIPT file you just generated, and click open. This will initiate the Podium render process and continue until the render is complete.
- The finished image will be saved in the same directory as the render script, unless a custom path was set in the Podium options dialog.