License key doesn't fit in box when trying to activate
We occasionally receive questions about the license key "not fitting" in the box when trying to activate SU Podium.
This issue will occur if you try to enter an SU Podium V2.6 license in the SU Podium V2.5 license manager. SU Podium V2.5 and V2.6 licenses cannot be used interchangably, in other words.
- V2.5 licenses contain 16 letters and numbers. For example — ed68ct0cg276d2n3
- V2.6 licenses contain 18 characters, starting with 'PD' — PD4631ebt3ab15fcb6
If you own a V2.6 license, it must be used with SU Podium V2.6.
If your license is for V2.6, but you currently have SU Podium V2.5 installed, you will need to update your plugin.
To update SU Podium from V2.5 to V2.6:
- Close the SketchUp application.
- Download SU Podium V2.6 here — SU Podium download page.
- Double-click the install file to begin the installation. You do not need to uninstall the previous version first.
- Open SketchUp.
- Go to Extensions > SU Podium V2.6 > License to open the license manger.
- Enter your V2.6 license, wait for a message that Podium has been fully activated.
- Restart SketchUp
After restarting SketchUp, the trial limitations will be gone and you will have full access to Podium Browser paid content.