SU Podium V2.6.x - First Time Installation
Operating System requriements:
- Windows: 7, 8, or 10
- MacOS X (SU Podium V2.6): High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina
- MacOS X (SU Podium V2.5): Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave
Supported SketchUp versions:
- SU Podium V2.6 — SketchUp 2017, 2018, 2019
- SU Podium V2.5 — SketchUp 2014-2019
- SU Podium V2, V2 Plus — SketchUp 7, 8, 2013
SU Podium V2.5 and V2.6 both support SketchUp Make 2017
SU Podium Download page
If you are using SketchUp 8 for the Mac, please download and install SU Podium V2 Plus, version V2.18.940 from here. The major difference between V2.5.x Plus and V2Plus is the vast speed difference in processing scenes and support for 360 Panoramas. Read about V2.5.x Plus here.
There are no minimum system requirements. However, SU Podium's render engine is multi-threaded, meaning it will take advantage of all your CPU cores. More cores/threads and a faster clock speed (GHz) will lead to faster rendering.
You also need a reasonable amount of RAM to hold 3d scene data. The more RAM you have, the more complex models you can render. We highly recommend 64 bit Mac and Windows operating system. Mac is a 64 bit OS. There are still legacy Podium versions that support Windows 32 bit.
How can I tell what SU Podium version I am using? - You can tell what version you are running by going to the Plugins pull down menu in SketchUp. Then go to SU Podium V2.6 and select About. Version 2.6.x has a version number that is 2.6.xx or greater.
We often recieve the following questions from both trial and paid users installing SU Podium for the first time:
Q. Free Trial users - Why does license manager pop up and ask for a license?
This is simply a reminder to display how many days are left in the free trial. Free trial users can simply dismiss the license manager to continue rendering.
Q. First time installation (paid customers) - Resolution is greyed out and the info bar is still in the image.
After activating your license you must restart SketchUp to get out of trial mode.
1. Completely quit SketchUp before starting the installation.
2. If you are upgrading from SU Podium V2.5 to V2.6, uninstall previous versions of SU Podium V2.5 first. How to uninstall SU Podium.
3. Download SU Podium for SketchUp here - SU Podium Download page. Choose the version that matches your SketchUp and Windows operating system (64 bit or 32 bit).
4. Double-click the installer to begin the installation process.
5. The default install location for SU Podium V2.6 is here:
Do NOT change the install location!
6. Open SketchUp and find SU Podium in the Extensions menu. The SU Podium icon toolbar should also appear in your viewport next time you run SketchUp.
7. If you mistakenly installed the wrong version of SU Podium, please read how to uninstall, and then download and reinstall the correct version.
Completely quit SketchUp before starting.
If you are upgrading from SU Podium V2.5 to V2.6, uninstall previous versions of SU Podium V2.5 first.
Download the SU Podium V2.6 version that matches your OS and SketchUp version here: SU Podium download page
Double click on the .zip file that you downloaded and unzip using the Archive tool. This will unzip the install file into a .pkg file.
Note: Make sure you unzip or unpack using the Macintosh Archive tool. Do not use Winzip.
Double click on the install package file to start the installation. If you encounter an "unsigned developer" problem when installing SU Podium, please read here.
Choose Install for All Users of this computer, if prompted.
When the installation is complete, SU Podium V2.6 is installed in the Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\SketchUp 201x\SketchUp\Plugins\ folder.
Open SketchUp. SU Podium V2.6 will be in the SketchUp Extensions pull down menu. The Podium icon toolbar will also appear in your SketchUp viewport.
Unidentified Developer - Cannot open the SU Podium V2 Plus pkg because I see an " ..Unidentified Developer" message? Click here for the solution.
No Plugin or Extension menu in SketchUp - Click here for the solution.
Do not use WinZip to unpack - Make sure you unpack the downloaded installation file with the Mac Archive tool. Do not use Winzip. If you unpack the install file with Winzip., you may find the installation program will not correctly install SU Podium V2.6.
Mac Install Failed! - Click here for the solution.
Crashes - Installation was fine but Podium crashes when rendering. Please read here.
SU Podium blocked in "Extension Manager" - Following a successful installation, SU Podium is showing as "blocked" in the extension manager. Change SketchUp "Load" permissions.